Monday, January 9, 2012

It's More Fun in the Philippines

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, and I'm so amazed at how this is going viral.   Here are some of the "contributions" of talented and witty netizens, which I've taken from Roland Benzon


I like this one because the word "schools" is associated with something close to my heart—getting an education, which isn't really related to this photo... but still :D
dot1

This makes "getting lost" a fun activity
dot2


A creative version of the "youtube"
dot3


Enough said, tweeting is more fun here
dot4


This shows the photographer enjoying the fantastic view of what he's shooting
dot6


This proves that the seniors can have fun, too!
dot7


Now, I would love to do this soon :)
dot8


I chose this as the last one, because I have personally experienced this and it is AMAZING!
You should try it sometime :)  The one who took us around and swam with us is the head of the whaleshark conservation group, and his name is NogNog 0918-4592646.  He is based in Donsol :)
dot5


Launched last January 6 with a very successful social buzz, the new Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez Jr. shares: “Our strategy is simple: while other countries invite you to observe, Filipinos can promise a more heartfelt and interesting experience. Wherever you go, whatever you do in the country, it’s the Filipinos that will complete your vacation and will make your holiday unforgettable.”

Even the Lonely Planet guidebook refers to Filipinos ‘among the most easygoing and ebullient people anywhere.'—a reputation I am proud of :)  I hope this keeps up, and more and more Pinoys will share their fun memories and experiences through this project.  Thank you also to BBDO Guerrero for the fabulous campaign.  Never mind that "some" think you copied it from an old 1950s Swiss ad, I think this is a better campaign than any I've seen :D


I leave you with this video that I'm sure will inspire you to fill 2012 up with local trips :D

Tara, biyahe tayo! 

Care to share your favorite spots and where else do you want to go? ;)

1 comment:

lds dresses said...

Oh the latebloomer one is my favorite!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin