Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY!

I used to design and sell accessories, and I still have my tools (and more!) at home that can fill a small room.  So, from time to time, I'd get inspired to make a few pieces.  If I can't find what I'm looking for, I'll make my own.

Here's a super easy DIY for you---a eureka moment, actually!  Tassle earrings are so in-trend right now, thanks to Louis Vuitton.  I still have quite a lot of these, as I wasn't able to sell them a few years back.  I guess nobody was brave enough to wear them then, but thanks to Louis Vuitton, I see a lot of the girls now in these light-weight danglers.

I have the basic ones, in black, gray and brown.  But for my outfit last night for Metrowear Icon, I had to wear peach-colored ones, so I went to Carolina's and bought myself these for P5 each.

I was going to use my tools and make them into earrings, but ran out of time.  So, I came up with this idea to just shoot the pin of my earrings into the loop of the tassle.  You can opt to put it in front of your ear lobe (if you have bigger earrings), or at the back like me.

Pretty cool idea, don't you think? :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin