Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Imagine No More

Remember my post on the Samsung/FnH contest last year? Well, they've chosen the winners :D

The Samsung I Imagine Shout-out Making Contest was done online where over 10,000 entries from students aged 15 to 25 registered and posted their shout-outs about the three categories Talk, Play, and Love. Winners of the contest get bragging rights as their shout-outs will be printed in cool and hip Folded and Hung hoodies which will be sold in Folded and Hung stores in Mall of Asia, Robinson’s Place Galleria, Unimart, SM San Lazaro, Southmall, Market Market, Shangri-La Plaza, Robinson’s Place Ermita, SM Megamall, Trinoma, Glorietta 2, Eastwood Mall, SM North The Block, and Alabang Town Center. The hoodies will be available starting on the first week of January 2010, proceeds of which will be donated to Samsung Hope which sends kids back to school.

The campaign culminates in an installation event dubbed as “I Imagine” featuring the visuals of renowned fashion photographer Ronnie Salvacion. TALK is represented by Erin Torrejon (DLSU), Jessica Mendoza (ADMU), Marc Catubay (Southeast Asian College), Melissa Gohing (DLSU) and Simon Atkins (DLSU) while Migo Llamas (Colegio de San Juan de Letran), Tricia Gosingtian (ADMU), Jasmine Maierhofer (Adamson University), Riki Flores (UP), and Elmer Espiritu (UE) poses for his lenses for PLAY. A video installation on LOVE with Andi Manzano (Miriam College), Jai Reyes (ADMU), Monika Sta. Maria (DLSU), Nico Salva (ADMU), and Joshua Webb (DLSU) completes the categories. Here are some of the photos that were on exhibit that night:

Melissa Gohing: “I Imagine we can be one with the world.”

Joshua Webb: “I Imagine love being infinite. There’s no right or wrong.
Once it’s there, it’s just there. And I quote my mom in this, ‘All is fair in love and war’.”

Erin Torrejon: “I Imagine everyone helping out to restore our forests and the marine life.”

Simon Atkins: “I Imagine everyone valuing education
because it is really the only asset that you can have.”

Migo Llamas: “I Imagine that I’m cheering for a good cause.”

Jasmine Maierhofer: “I Imagine that after several years, Philippine fashion
would be at par with Paris, Milan, London and other international fashion districts.”

Riki Flores: “I Imagine public service for the greater good of the people
and not for the greater good of the ego.”

Andi Manzano: “I imagine love inspiring me to be better.”

Jai Reyes: “I Imagine love is like a three-pointer. You just have to take the shot.”

The winners of the Samsung I Imagine Shout-out Making Contest were awarded and their shout-outs, unveiled. The shout-outs were judged according to Relevance to the Chosen Category (40%), Creativity (40%), and Total number of online votes (20%). On TALK, Isabella Martinez from University of Sto. Tomas (UST) wins with her shout-out, “I imagine and I will make it happen.” On PLAY, Guillermo II Francisco also from University of Sto. Tomas (UST) wins with his shout-out “I Imagine our generation united in one beat.” Lastly, on LOVE, Phili Jacinth Dayupay from Rizal Technology University bags the prize with his shout-out “I Imagine total peace in 3, 2, 1”. I like all three of them, can't decide which of them I love the most :D

Aside from proclaiming their shout-outs to the world of fashion through Folded and Hung, the winners also took home exciting prizes such as P30,000 cash, the Samsung Corby mobile phone, Samsung ST500 Dual LCD Camera, Samsung CLP-315 printer, Samsung LapFit LD190G TV, 5 Samsung “I Imagine” hoodies to keep or giveaway, and P10,000 worth of gift certificates from Folded & Hung. Their schools also received a Samsung LCD TV.

Congratulations, and here's to working on making our imaginations come true!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin