Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm IN LOVE...

... with Eric delos Santos and his creations :D

Another thing I did over the holidays was visit one of my fave designers, Eric. Brought my mom to his studio in Prince Plaza, so she could have her "ninang" gown made—to be worn this month. That's Eric in the photo :)

What made my jaw drop was this fully beaded shrug he made for a fashion show in Paris. Oui! Truly an exceptional piece, don't you think so? :)

Here's a professionally-taken photo of it. Isn't it just breathtaking? :o
photo taken from Eric's FB. Hope you don't mind, Eric :D

I first met Eric when I styled some celebrities for StarStudio magazine—this was circa 2008. I needed gowns ASAP, and sought the help of my designer friends. I didn't know him, but he was highly recommended by another good friend/designer of mine, Louis Claparols (who is now the President of their design group-YDG/Young Designers Guild). As soon as I saw his works, I fell in love :D

Anyways, I had Bea Alonzo wear his gown. I was quite enamored with his use of appliques.

Click on the photo below to see more of his gowns (from this romantic collection) in detail: courtesy of Preview.

From then on, I became his fan. All the more so, because he was so accommodating, friendly and helpful to me. I'm always excited whenever he has a new collection/fashion show. His latest one with Metrowear garnered oohs and ahhs from all my colleagues. Such a well-loved designer. You better have a few pieces made by him before he gets really packed and busy. Oh, and did I mention that he is the genius behind Preview's Marian Rivera cover? SWEET!


To know more about Eric, below is a feature I did on him under my Manila Bulletin column about a year ago:

Infinite Possibilities
By Jane Kingsu-Cheng

We all know that the brain is separated into two parts: the left and the right hemispheres. They say, one of the halves is more dominant than the other. With one being more creative (right-brained) than methodological (left-brained), and vice versa. But we would like to believe otherwise, as some of the most creative people can be quite business-savvy, too!

Take Ilonggo Eric Delos Santos, who has been creating quite a stir in the fashion realm. He dishes out, “I wanted to be a corporate lawyer or an accountant. I had a knack for numbers, but my heart was into fashion. I took over my mom’s position and managed a tailoring business and a furniture store, which lead me to become a designer. I’ve realized that I’m more of an entrepreneur, and it’s great that I can help my workers earn a living, too!”
Sophisticated elegance (and a bit more edgy for the young at heart) comes to mind when one sees Delos Santos’ works, with a mix of silks, satins, chiffons, pina and hablon as his textiles of choice. Personalities such as Boy Abunda, Angelica Panganiban, Ruffa Gutierrez, Pops Fernandez, Toni Gonzaga, Allana Montellibano, Happy Ongpauco and Eva Abesamis have also helped create a cult following.

This artist isn’t afraid to use color and prints, as can be seen from his latest collection. You’ll undeniably be swept away by his capsule work of billow-y silk chiffon dresses in geo graphic prints. It’s his rendition of the glamorized ‘70s boho chic, which is perfect for those sizzling sexy summer nights ahead.

He recently launched a design that we think will, no doubt, be a bestseller. Made of jersey and available in basic colors (you can request and have it custom-made), his infinity dresses are for the recessionistas. Though we’re having some tough times, it doesn’t mean we should give up on looking fab, right? His infinity dresses are just the solution to our style budget woes. Wear this dress in different ways, at various occasions, and you’ll surely get compliments from your gal pals on how creative and stylishly smart you are.

A few ways to wear the infinity dress:

Show off your sexy shoulders in this halter-style.
A detailed back gives the illusion of a different dress.

Go with the trend in this one-shoulder design.

Photography by Vago Nozze Studio
Styling by Aldrich Aparicio
Hairstyle and makeup by Pepoy Tancinco of Stretch Center
Model: Everille Aparicio

GOOD NEWS!!!
My mom and I dropped by to pick up her gown yesterday late afternoon at the shop where he consigns (in The Podium), and found out that most of his creations are on sale—at 50% off. I tried on some, but unfortunately, they didn't fit me since I am a bit more well-endowed now—I'm breastfeeding. But if you have a model's body, then I suggest you head out to The Podium to try on these goodies. Lots of flowing dresses are ripe for the taking, too! DROOL!

* To set an appointment, call or text 0920-9264342, or send an e-mail to eric_dlsantos@yahoo.com, or visit http://prinze1974.multiply.com to check out his recent works.
* Eric’s collections are available at Bobon, Markati Palazzo, 4th level, The Podium.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin