Monday, October 26, 2009

Penshoppe's Re-vision

I got home late from an afternoon spent with baby J and my mom last Friday; traffic was bad. Was in a rush to get ready for an event—Penshoppe's exclusive by-invitation only sit-down dinner/fashion show for Philippine Fashion Week. Left around 7:30p.m. from Q.C. area, and got to SMX convention in SM MOA around 830p.m. Not bad, actually...

This was my first Philippine Fashion Week in 3 or 4 years, I think. After all, who could resist a special dinner/show? The last one I attended was still held at NBC tent :o This is what welcomed me when I entered the room (after registration):

Two long tables... that's it! With only 150 of us invited. This was the table setting:

And our menu:

A few minutes shortly, Alex Mendoza of Penshoppe briefed us with what the event was about. I was seated right across him. It was a re-vision, a preview of things to come for 2010. Here are the top trends they believe that will be a hit here, and how we can incorporate Penshoppe items with it.

And so the show began with ethnic:

Likin' the striped tunic, and the color combination

Saw designer Kate Torralba in action. Don't you just love her dress? Exquisite! She's covering this for her blog as well. Check hers out here.
That's Victor Basa seated in front her.

Country-theme was up next. All sorts of plaid and checkered prints were showcased. Like this long-sleeved polo:

this vest

and this puff-sleeved polo

In between these trends, an entree was served. The beef was my fave ;P

I wasn't able to take a photo of the goth trend. Sorry, I was enjoying my beef entree a little too much hihi :) The last one was on the futuristic side.

And that was it. It was a really, really short show. I guess they wanted to tease us a little on what Penshoppe is brewing for 2010. Guests slowly left the venue. Some went down to watch the SuperModel finals competition. As for me, I hung out a bit with the media peeps. Those of you who've been following/reading my blog would know by now that I've been a hermit for the past year due to my pregnancy and our little J.

Got to chat a bit with Circuit's JR Isaac (new 'do), model Kelly Misa and designer Kate Torralba

And Penshoppe image endorsers, with the head honcho.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin