Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sugary-Sweet Sweets

I know I'm supposed to be introducing you to the latest shopping finds, but I want to talk about food—just this one time.  This is a tribute to an establishment that might close down soon, give or take a year :(

Remember Magnolia Ice Cream House in the '70s that became Nestle Creamery at the turn of the century?  Well, we heared that the whole lot along Aurora Boulevard has been bought by Robinsons Land Corporation, so no more good ol' ice cream parlor in a few months :(  Which is why hubby and I, along with my parents, went to pay this classic diner a visit tonight.  It was a spur-of-the-moment thing, and we got there just twenty minutes before closing time (10pm).  
Big booths were available to accommodate big families.  Some of the seats need upholstering, but I guess management doesn't see the need to renovate the place since it'll be gone soon.  If you're not in the mood to check out their big menu, pictures of their ice cream concoctions (probably their bestsellers) are placed on the wall to serve as suggestions for you to order.

Hubby and I tried their Blueberry Crumble, P135, which is prepared and mixed on a frozen slab of marble.  This marble slab is placed at the counter, where you can see first hand how they prepare your order.  Our choice was amazingly delicious, we couldn't stop eating the vanilla ice cream with blueberry filling and streusel bits combo.  It's soft and creamy, close to tasting like gelato, but has the sweetness of an ice cream.  They have twelve other concoctions you can try.  Sorry, wasn't able to write them all down.

My parents got a Buko Fiesta, with four big scoops of ice cream (your choice of flavors) served with peach and banana slices, and nuts, P 290.  Yummy as well, but I prefer the Blueberry Crumble over this one.

And since I've been talking about sweets, I just had to share with you this butter rum cake that I've been snacking on.  I bought this yesterday at the basement of Power Plant Mall (they're still there today—Sunday) for P350.  The price might be a bit steep, but this cake literally melts in your mouth; and very juicy, too!  I wasn't able to take a photo of their other products, but their Mushroom and Dulong dips, P300, are delicious as well!  You can even mix them with plain rice or pasta for a quick yummy dish!  

Joyce's is available at the basement strip of Power Plant Mall until May 31 (Sunday, today).  Contact num: 853-0129

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin