Friday, May 29, 2009

Lash Discovery

I've been a hermit due to my pregnancy, which is why I haven't had the chance to road test Estee Lauder's newest vanity product until last night.  Good friend KZ invited me to attend two events, but let's leave that for another post.  And I saw this as an opportunity to try Estee's latest baby—TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara.

I've worked with so many professional makeup artists, and most of them suggest that you slightly jiggle the lash wand as you work your way up from the lash bed.  This ensures that each of your lashes are coated well for a thicker and volumized effect.  But not all of us are gifted when it comes to this style of application, and this served as the "inspiration" behind Estee's newest product.

We tried it at the event a few weeks ago at the launch at Mcafe in Gbelt4, and it didn't really make a big difference to us who attended that time.  Most of us were quite shy, maybe because a camera man was filming us as we tried the product.  So, this time, at the comforts of my room, I was able to apply it with ease.  The motor started vibrating as soon as I opened the tube, and I let it sit for a few seconds under the roots and worked my way up to the tip. And to my surprise, my lashes turned out differently this time.  It does look thicker! Powered by a small button cell battery, it has micropulses that run at 125-cycles per second.  So, each lash is fully-coated.  You can also add multiple coats without clumping, since the unique gel formula is a buildable mix of “jellified” water, olive oil and paraffin waxes.  

“There is no need for perfect application technique because the brush works on its own to separate and fan lashes beyond what a brushstroke by hand could ever achieve,” said Anne Carullo, Senior Vice President of Global Product Development and Innovation, Estee Lauder. “With this breakthrough mascara system, every consumer is an expert in creating extravagantly dramatic lashes that pop!”


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin